Wednesday, October 19

Learn


LEARN from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.


I just ran into this series and it is beautiful. It reminds me of all the reasons I love traveling - meeting new people, eating and especially, learning. 

Experiencing a part of a different culture, while immersed in that environment, has always been one of my favorite things about traveling. It's like a drug to me. I just want more and more. I keep asking questions and trying to dig a little deeper. I have never really liked the tourist bit. I think it definitely has it's place, but as a lover of languages also, I would rather be struggling to learn the language while living in a native's house than listening to a tour guided in perfect English. I think that by living with a family in a foreign environment, even if you can't understand everything, you can come to respect the people and learn so much more about what's around you, wherever you are, whether it's across the US or across the world. 

Even just sitting down for a family dinner at someone else's table is an eye opening event. It's an experience that I hope every person gets to enjoy, really listen and learn from at some point in their life. It is truly one of my favorite things to do in other places and where I feel I learn the most about the family dynamics and how the culture works as a whole. Amazing what you can learn in a few short hours.

Tell me about your experiences. Near or far. Across town or across the world.
Share your stories or a little about your culture. Wherever you are from.

♥ Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment