Saturday, October 1

Fall Wreath :: DIY


I've been wanting to make a wreath to hang on my apartment door and I wanted something cute and fall-y. This is what I came up with after I found these leaves at home depot. 
I hope you love it as much as I do! 


You will need: 
- faux leaves
- foam core or cardboard 
- scissors or an Exacto knife
- a pencil
- hot glue gun
- a pizza pan 
- a bowl that has a smaller diameter than the pan
- a piece of string (to hang) 
- ribbon or lace (not shown)


1. Put the pizza pan face down on the foam core and trace.


2. Repeat with the bowl in the center of the large circle.


3. Using scissors or an Exacto knife, cut out the wreath shape. {I found it was easier with the knife.} This part does not have to be super neat - you will cover up the edges anyway.


4. Fire up your hot glue gun and stick down those leaves! {Be more careful than I was - burned my finger...} Use dots of glue to stick down the middle of the leaves so they still have some body and stick out - you want them to have volume. 

When you've got your first layer down, go back and cover up any holes or to add volume to some areas.


5. Make a loop with your string and knot it. Glue it to the back of your wreath.


6. Make a big bow with your ribbon or lace and glue it to your wreath. 
Then hang it on your door to enjoy this fall!

I smile every time I get to my apartment door. Fall is my favorite! 

♥ Kenzie









6 comments:

  1. i just LOVE the lace bow!! The lace is so vintage and beautiful!! I might just have to make one now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I think the kiddos and I will try it soon! I know the "D" is part of your door, not the wreath but I kind of want to hang a decorative "L" in the center for our last name haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I need to make on asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Send me a picture if you try it :) And the letter sounds like such a GREAT idea!!!

    ReplyDelete