Wednesday, March 30

Some things about me...


A few people have asked me some questions that I would like to answer and I'd like to throw in a few random facts about me also. Just so you all can get to know me a little bit better. 

Also, feel free to ask any other questions you have in the comments.

{ahh cell phone pictures...}

What do you think you'll eventually do with your textiles degree?

At this point, I'm not really sure. This semester at school is a chance for us to explore weaving, machine knitting and silkscreening and towards the end of the semester, we will decide on a "track" to take. {We haven't really discussed this with teachers yet so I'm a little rusty on details but...} We can {basically} decide whether we want to take more fine arts classes or digital/industrial classes.  We aren't really supposed to decide yet... but I really love weaving.  {I actually really love everything we're taking right now... but we're just gonna go with weaving at the moment.} I'm pretty sure I won't want to work in commercial textiles, but no one knows where I will end up at this point. Maybe commercial stuff for a few years, then, probably more of my own stuff. {possibly starting a business... eek!}

{So, basically, I have no idea! haha}

RedVelvet-120

{photo from here}

My friend/long lost twin asks: Are we still going to visit Red Velvet this summer?

This is an excellent question. I would LOVE to visit them. Red Velvet is a ***huge*** inspiration to me  and has been for years. Elsie's blog is probably the reason I began blogging in the first place and has always been a place to go for inspiration as well as reassurance that dreams can come true. It's a big *maybe* at this point {so bad at planning things like this too far in advance} but... *tentative* yes? 



How did you get started blogging and what do you love most about it?

I first started reading Elsie's blog and Red Velvet (as mentioned above) about 4 - 5 years ago I think. I was so inspired by her life, her photography and art and the mere fact that she was living the dream, *my* dream, of just being totally happy with what she was doing in her life. I was amazed with the amount of inspiration she was providing to other people also and how much I was getting from her blog. This was my first real step into the "world of blogging" 

Then, after a couple years of reading and being super inspired, I started my own blog in 2008. Yup, long time ago right? I did it on a whim. I thought to myself one summer day when I had nothing else to do - Self, you find a lot of inspiration online too. AND you're in art school. You've got to have something cool to share with the world. YOU should start a blog! 

Little did my foolish self know that a blog is quite a bit of work, not only in posting but in creating a readership and as you can see from my archives, I only had 10 posts that year.

I've been on and off from blogging since then, but I really started to get back into it when I started doing craft shows and realized that this could be a tool to make a name for myself in the art world. It also is a great way to share inspiration and create a story line for my work. Also, I had a lot of time to spend on it, finally. So, Summer 2010, I started again and though I dwindled a bit throughout the fall months as I was back in school, I've picked it back up and found a way for it to fit into my hectic schedule somehow. In a way, I feel like I *really* started blogging in the past year. 

I think what I love most about blogging is the community that I'm finding through my blog. It's always great to know people who love the things that you do. And I loveeee meeting new people, so I'm always up for friends. There's a great group of people online who will support your business and show you kindness if you give a little. Good support is always a welcomed part of any experience. 
{Thank you to the people who have showed me this kindness and support! You know who you are!}




Some random {goofy} facts:

- I'm a little bit obsessed with Glee. And Puck. *sigh* - which I already mentioned but... it's Puck, so it needed to be mentioned again. {If you don't know who he is, you might want to look him up}
- I run into things constantly. Multiple times per day. People. Furniture. Doors. Etc.
- I play guitar a lot. It helps me relax and focus. I actually have my first gig booked for this summer! Eek!! Music is a huge part of my life.
- I say "ya'll" sometimes even though I'm from Upstate NY. {It's pretty country up there though}
- I want a farm someday. With lots of animals. Horses. Sheep. Dogs. Cats. etc. And a huge garden. And a big loom in my backyard where I can weave and watch my chickens strut around. 
- I drink a lot of tea. Like, a lot. Love it. May be addicted... just a little.
- I'm a big goofball and I love to make people laugh and I love laughing at myself. It's a good time all around :)
- I loveeee meeting new people... and talking. I'm a chatterbox and I use it as a way to break the ice, along with the goofiness... that helps too. Usually, people put their guard down a bit when they see that I'm the crazy one but sometimes, I just look super crazy and then it gets awkward... it's always a good story though! 
- I take lots of pictures on PhotoBooth on my Mac. Like, an embarrassing amount actually. I kinda like it though. 

I'm not sure what else to write about myself, but feel free to ask more questions! I'm always open to them, whether they are serious or goofy, about my blog or my life, and I can totally do another post like this if you guys are interested. 

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

♥ Kenzie

1 comment:

  1. RVA/Elsie = awesome. And I run into things all the time, too...so I totally feel you on that. Clumsiness for life. xo

    ReplyDelete