Monday, November 9

Places to see, places to map...




So I thought I was obsessed with maps before, and then I decided to take this cartography class... it's worse. I LOVE maps. Any kind of map, hand drawn, from memory, political maps, subway maps, geographical maps, I love them all.

We had to get this AMAZING book for our class called You Are Here: Personal Geographies and Other Maps of the Imagination by Katharine Harmon and it is beautiful. Whether you like maps or not, if you are an artist, this book is just simply amazing.




She also just came out with another book: The Map as Art: Contemporary Artists Explore Cartography
Definitely ordering it and I am so excited!



Anyways, right now I am researching mapping from memory. I found that I can remember my room and where everything is in my room like the back of my hand. And I thought that was pretty interesting, therefore my final paper is on this very idea. I think I'm also going to make a map of my room to test it out. :)

While that's in progress, here are some great maps.


Beautiful.


source


source


Map cookies!!


















source for last 3 - I love all of these!


And just one more for all of the dreamers of this wonderful place ♥

These are some great memory maps also.

Enjoy the places you are, and dream of the places you'll go!
♥ Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment